Sunday, January 18, 2015

Beginning Makeup

         Are you beginning makeup and need a few tips? Here is a bit of my personal experience and how it can help you. We all began with something like this, 


       Am I right or am I not? Ok, at least it was something like this. And let me guess- it got broken in a matter of weeks, days, or closer. I'm sure it wasn't "Oscars" makeup potential. 

       Either way. When beginning makeup I think the best place to go is anywhere BUT an expensive makeup place. Sure, it's good quality and all but you don't exactly know how the quality REALLY is. Trust me, with reviews and everything you can't trust the website of Maybelline. I suggest going to your local drugstore and looking around. You can play with the testers, (Just don't put them on your face!) and see what works for you. I suggest Maybelline (They DO test on animals though, I no longer purchase from them.) if you wish, but it is your call on what to do. It's your money and I can't say anything. 

       There is one thing, you may want to know from the near beginning if you are ok with animal tested makeup or not. It's your call- not mine. I can tell you it would suck if you spent a lot on something and figure out you can't really use it anymore. I will post a cruelty free makeup post on brands that are good and whatnot, so be out for that. 


       I would also suggest to start makeup wearing on a weekend. You don't want to show up Monday to school with nada and then show up with Prada on Tuesday! Plus, you may or not need practice on the weekend for eyeliner and mascara. Trust me on this one- many people were confused on what happened. 

       You don't need a lot of things when it comes to makeup. Now-a-days there is everything, a powder for this, a powder for that, etc. If you already own a blush you don't need another stick blush. (Personally I don't use a blush at the moment.) Start with a few basics. If you only want mascara and BB Cream, that's a way to go. Prioritize what you want! You won't need everything, trust me. If you are starting out I suggest the basics. Youtube videos always show what is up. Check out 20$ Challanges as they show how you don't need everything! Here is Michelle Phan's video on her $20 challenge! I love her so much as she knows the tricks, etc.

       



       These are a few of my tips. Enjoy your wonderful journey on makeup! It is a way to express yourself and a big step. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment